Senior Devops Engineer
We are offering a job where:
- You are responsible for the operational management of our DMZ and streaming infrastructure. This covers several domains like databases, webservers, network, video-encoders, application servers, cloud and on premise infrastructure.
- You are a member of the cross functional development teams to support development and delivery with platforms, tools, guidelines and operational best practices.
- You support the organization by collaborating with our business owners from ideation over solution proposals and implementations towards an operational, maintainable master-piece.
- You are part of third line support. The better systems are setup, the less second line is your early morning alarm clock.
- You support the second line support team by defining and documenting the procedures to keep the lights on and maintaining high quality services.
- You contribute to the further automation and modernization of our environment, processes and reporting.
- A great communicator, able to share technical ideas to business users and other teams.
- Able to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges.
- Focused on quality of delivery and long term sustainability of the solutions you deliver, even under delivery pressure.
- Able to both collaborate with team members and to work independently.
- Hungry to embrace current and emerging technologies.
- Proud for the quality of your work and the value it delivers to the users.
- Devops activities and mindset as well as an operational excellence and are ready for participating in the entire service lifecycle of the technology stack, ie.
• from design
• through the development process
• to production support
YOU’RE COMFORTABLE WITH:
- Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson and/or Bamboo.
- Configuration management tools like Ansible (in particular) and/or Puppet, Chef.
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) and Open-Source software.
- Scripting languages like Bash and Python.
- Versioning systems like git or Subversion.
- Virtualization and containerization and the related tools like Docker, Vagrant and /or VMware.
- Configuring webservers (nginx/apache), caching (varnish) , loadbalancers (haproxy), databases (mysql, mongodb).
- Cloud-computing techniques, on-demand computing platform, cloud provisioning, computing management and application deployment.
- You are able to validate the quality through software architecture an infrastructure reviews and the use of tools such as for load testing.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field (or combined with related experience)
- Minimum 5 years of Devops experience.
- Solid knowledge to express yourself in Dutch and/or English.
BONUS POINTS FOR :
- A passion for applications and innovations in online media.
- Experience in working in and leading Agile teams.
- Performance tuning (e.g. Varnish, Memcached, Nginx, Solr)
- Automated testing experience (e.g. Behat)
- A company culture driven bij people who make THE difference, empowerment, ownership, flexibility and wellbeing.
- Many challenges in a fast-paced and innovative business.
- TEAM driven projects
- Personal growth
- An attractive remuneration package including a company car and fringe benefits