Data Engineer - Recommendation & Personalisation
Your main challenge: As a Data Engineer in the newly formed Personalisation Squad you contribute by working on the data pipelines and data marts that power all our applications running on behavioral data. You make sure that all relevant behavioral information is easily accessible for applications such as Recommendation Engines, Search, Consumer & Business Intelligence and CRM. You operate in a cross functional agile squad, together with Data Scientists and Full Stack developers. The squad is responsible both for preparing behavioral data as well as putting it to use in Personalisation services. We do this in close collaboration with our IT and Data colleagues at De Persgroep, both in Belgium, the Netherlands and Denmark.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes that power CI & BI applications
- Consolidate legacy ETL flows (Pentaho/SQL) into new architecture (Kafka/Spark)
- Automate data quality & data validation processes based on business definitions & requirements
- Deliver robust & reliable production services
- Together with our IT architects, you make sure our back-end is future proof in technology as well as functionality
- You have a higher education in Computer Science or accumulated equivalent experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience, preferably in a modern cloud based architecture
- You have significant experience in the following technologies or are willing to quickly ramp up your expertise:
o Programming: Python, Spark, Scala
o Infrastructure & Platform: AWS Stack, Apache Kafka
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Kafka, Kinesis) is a big plus
- Experience with high load, scalable services is a plus. (scaling, caching…)
- You care about details and know when to be pragmatic
- You have a passion for applications and innovations in online media and like to work in an Agile way.
Your work will be the cornerstone of all our innovative data services. We provide a full salary package (car and benefits included), you can count on flexibility, learning opportunities, career planning, team building and a delicious company restaurant.