Big Data Engineer
Mission: to develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions. Focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Setting up batch & real-time data flows in order to build data marts for diverse Use Cases in marketing, sales and content recommendation.
- Aggregating data from different source systems in a Hadoop data lake
- Developing data transformation tasks in Python
- Programming test driven Spark jobs in Scala
- Converting business stories to technical specifications.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows and able to work with cloud computing environments
- Good knowledge of SQL, ideally Hive / Impala
- Expertise in Python, Scala and Spark
- Nice to have knowledge: Kafka, Kinesis, Streamsets, Flume, Jenkins, Airflow, AWS Cloud, Cloudera, Tableau, DevOps, Linux, Java and micro services…
- Agile & Lean mindset; experience with Scrum is an added value
- Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design, clean code practices are sounding familiar to deliver quality
- You have a curious and open mind
- Teamplayer with passion for development and big data.
Challenging opportunity in a fast-moving high-tech environment. Possibilities for training and career planning. Great working atmosphere and interesting salary package.